B.N.N. College, Bhiwadi was established in 1966 as the first college in the rural areas of Thane District. It was established by the then Harijan Girijan Samaj Unnati Mandal, Bhiwandi, now knowns as Padmashri Annasaheb Jadhav Bharatiya Samaj Unnati Mandal named after the founder Padmashri Annasaheb Jadhav.
It runs XI & XII (FYJC, SYJC), and senior college in all the three faculties with postgraduate and vocational (MCVC) courses, B.N.N. College is aided and affiliate to the University of Mumbai.
The college is endowed with a spacious building at the foot of a hillock with a an equally big play ground of about 9000 sq.m. The college the staff quarters and the Nirlon Library are situated on a sprawling 24 acres of land.
(Centrally sponsored + 2 stahge Vocational Education)
Govt. of India, in its National Policy on Education 1986 contempted Vocational Education having Competencies in various fields which would enable students to learn useful & meaningful skills in cognitive as well as Psychomoter domain. The State Board (M.S.S. & H.S.C. Board) has therefore prepared the syllabi of twenty Seven Minimum competency Vocational Courses i.e. Centrally sponsored + 2 stage Vocational Courses, under Engineering & Technology Group, Agriculture Group, Business & Commerce Group, Para Medical Group, Fisheries Group Catering & Food Technology Group with the asistance of the Directorate of Vocational Education & Training, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai. These courses, under Six Groups together with a common subjects viz. General Foundation Courses, were introduced from the academic year 1998-99 at + 2 stage & first H.S.C. Examination (Std. Xll) was conducted in March - 1990.
The main purpose of introducing these minimum Competency Vocation Courses (MCVC) is to reduce the burden on Universities and to produce the well competent personnel who can start their own profession / business or get employed in a job. The purpose is to provide the young people with real insight into role of small business, enterpreneurship & self employed in business & soicety.
As per the New Education policy, more emphasis is given on the Vocationlisation of the Higher Secondary Education. The objectives are to inculcate value of pratical work, physical labour, profession skills, to supply skilled man power to industry, to develop vocational interest, to impact various vocational skills and at the same time to avoid the unnecessary rush towards the Higher Education faculties.
As per the guidelines, the centrally sponsored + 2 stage Vocational Courses were introduced & the college has started five courses under Three Groups from the academic year 1990-91.
III-GROUP & COURSES
|Group - I
||Engineering & Technology :
||No. of Seats
||Maintenance & Repairs of Electrical
|Group - II
||Business & Commerce :
||Accounting & Auditing
|Group - III
||Medical Laboratory Technical (M.L.T.)
|Note : - Additional 5 seats subject tp Approval of Director / Dy. Director / D.V.O. officers.
|Certificate Courses :
||Certificate Course in Electrician
||Certifcate Course in Bench Fitter
IV - DURATION OF COURSE
Two year i.e. (Std. XI & Std. XII)
V - MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
(The medium of instruction for G.F.C. will be English / Marathi )
VI - ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1) A student who has passed SSC (Std. X) examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or any other exammination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board are eligible for admmission to the XI Vocational Courses.
2) A student who has passed SSC (Std.X) with Technical Examination conduted by the Maharshtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education are eligible for admission to the XI Vocational Courses, XI Arts / Sci. / Com. fail students are also eligible for admission.
VII - ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Students on receiving the application form and prospectus, should go through application form. The filled - in application form along with necessary documents should be submitted to vocational office on or before the last date mentioned on the notice student's should see the board.
Admission notice put up on the notice board, brfore seeking admissions to first year vocational courses (Std. XI). Admission is as per merit basis & other norms as laid down by the Director & Dy. Directors of Vacational Educations & Training, Govt. of Maharashtra. The Principal reserves the right to amend/modify the guidelines regarding the admission as and when such amendments/modification are recieved from the Education Department. They will be notified accordingly on the College Notice Board.
As per the information given in the admission form by the candidate. The Principal reserves the right to prepare merit list of each course by conducting Ability/Aptitude Test & interview to evaluate the candidate.
VII - APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SEEKING ADMISSION
A) Along with the application / admission form copies of the following documents are to be enclosed.
(i) Zerox copy of the SSC / SSC with Tech / Equivalent Examination's mark - sheet.
(ii) Zerox copy of School Leaving Certificate.
(iii) Zerox copy of the Caste Certificate issued by the Competent authority.
(iv) One P.P. size photograph. Affixedon the application form.
(v) Eligibility Certificate, if candidate has passed SSC/Equivalent exam from other states / Boards.
B) The following documents are required while seeking admission after selection.
(i) Original SSC Mark - Sheet
(ii) Original School Leaving Certificate
(iii) Original Caste Certificate (for verification) and attested zerox copy.
(iv) Two recent P.P. size Photographs.
(v) Physical fitness medical certificate from medical officer / family physician.
(vi) Other requirements will be notified on the college notice board.
A) Seat shall be reserved for Backward Class (SC/ST/NT-(1,2,3)/VJ OBC/SBC) in the matter of admission to college as per Government orders issued from time to time.
B) 25% seats shall be reserved for students who has passed SSC with Techincal subjects conducted by Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education.
C) 1% seats shall be reserved for children of Defence Serivce peronnel who have put in atleast five years active service and who are subject to the Indian Army Act, Indian Navy Act or Indian Air force Act including those who have retired from such service & those who are permanently disabled or killed in ation while in such services. This reservation is subject to production of certificate form the appropriate authority of Armed forces ( Commandabt or equivalent rank officer, District Saini Board ) to support the claim.
D) 5% of seats are reserved for Physically handicapped / disabled students suffering from dialect / disgraphia / spastic. Such students should submit medical certificate from following competent authority.
(i) Special Employment offices affiliated to medical boards.
(ii)Civil Surgeon of District Hospitals
(iii) India Institute of Physical Handicapped, Harially, Mumbai.
E) 30% of the total intake capacity of vocational courses shall be reserved for lady students.
F) The admission process of vocational courses consists of a time bound stages informed by the Director of Vocational Education & Training, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai.
XII - JOB OPPORTUNITIES
A) Apprenticeship Training
The Govt. of India has laid a great stress on vocationlization of Education at the Jr. College level and apprenticeship training will be provided with the helps of Institute to vocational studetns.
The duration of the apprenticeship traning will be 1 year after completion of vocational course. The vocational technician apprentices are eligible to receive a stipend of Rs. 1090 p.m. out of out of which 50% of the stipend shall be reimbursed to concerned establishment by Board of Apprenticeship Traning (BOAT sion, Mumbai)
B) Contract Basis Apprenticeship Training :-
After completion of vocational course students would get opportunities of contract basis Apprenticeship Training in private sector / small scale Industries / Workshops.
XIII - COURSES & JOB OPPORTUNITIES
A) WAGE EMPLOYMENT :-
1) Assembler of electronic equipment
2) Testing of sub. Assemblies and assemblies
3) Maintenance & repair of electronic equipments
4) Radio & T.V. repairer
5) Workshop Assistant / Laboratory Asstt. in Vocational Colleges.
6) Operator in Telephone, Airport, Hotels, Railways, Private Sector.
7) Installation, Operation & Maintenance of Intercom, PA system.
B) SELF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES : -
1) Sales & services center for electronic equipment
2) Manufacture of all electronics equiments.
3) Mobile Serivce centre for sale & service in rural areas.
4) Radio & T.V. repair shop.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR OF ELECTRICAL DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
1) Assembler (Domestic Appliances)
2) Tester (Electrical Domestic Appliances)
3) Repairer / Serviceman (Electrical)
4) Winder / Rewinder (Electrical)
5) Electrical Domestic Appliances Salesman
6) Wireman / Electrician
7) Workshop / Lab. Assistant in Vocational course Institute
B) SELF EMPLOYMENT :-
1) Sales & Serives center (Electrical Appliances)
2) Dealership / Agency of electrical domestic appliances
3) Manufacturing of electrical domestic appliances
4) Repair shop / workshop of electrical domestic appliances
3) ACCOUNTING & AUDITING :-
A) WAGE EMPLOYMENT :-
1) Acounts clerk / Account Assistant
2) Book Keeper
3) Cashier / Cash Clerk / Cash counter clerk
4) Ledger keeper / clerk
5) Audit clerk / Assistant
6) Cost Clerk / Assistant
B) SELF EMPLOYMENT :-
1) Accounts & Audit writer of trusts, schools & colleges.
2) Any Business concerned with Commerce & Acounts.
4) BANKING :-
A) WAGE EMPLOYMENT :-
The following are the job opportunities for Banking students after completing the course.
1) Bank Clerk
3) Godown Keeper
4) Cashier cum Clerk
5) Clerk cum Godown keeper
6) Clerk cum typist
B) SELF EMPLOYMENT
Start your own business.
Account & Audit writer.
Consulting of Banking Scheme.
5) MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (MLT)
The following are the job opportunities for MLT students after completing the course.
A) WAGE EMPLOYEMNT :-
1) laboratory Technician in Bio-Chemistry dept., Medical College / Hospital in microbiology dept.
2) lab. Technician in pathology Dept. in College / Hospitals.
3) Technician in Forensic laboratory.
4) Lab. Assistant in vocational courses college / Institute.
5) Lab. Technician in Hematology dept. Histology, Dept. Anatomy Dept. Technician in University Bio-chemistry, Home science dept.
6) Techincian in Dental college / Pharmacy / Veterinary college / fisheries college.
7) Lab. Technician in Primary Health Center, District Hospitals, Private Hospitals, Nursing Home, Diagnostic labs, taluka Gramin, Hospitals, Municipal Hospitals, Blood Banks Central Lab. Public Health Lab. Municipal water testing Lab.
B) SELF EMPLOYMENT :-
1) Diagnostic Laboratory.
2) Preparation and sales of readymade reagents kit/media.
3) Distributor for Laboratory chemicals.
4) Distributor for equipment & Spare parts of pathology.
XI - ATTENDANCE AND GRANT OF TERMS :-
a) It is mandatory for students to keep a minimum attendance of 75% for lectures, pratical and tutorials separately, failing which their terms will not be granted. In that case they will not be eligible to appear for the annual examination.
b) SYJC (XII) students shoulds should take serious note that the HSC Examination forms are liable to be withdrawn, if they fail to fulfil the minimum attendance condition.
c) Parents are requested to take special note of 75% attendance requirement of their wards Applications of leave of absence should be submitted to the college office in case of long absence due to illness or any other reason.
XII - DISPLINE AND CODE OF CONDUCT : -
1) All students are expected to observe rules and regulations currently in force to enable the smooth working of the college.
2) Students are prohibited to do anything inside or outside the college that will interfere with its orderly administration or affects its public image.
3) Students should always carry their valid college Identity Card whenever in college or representing the college at any other place.
4) During the conduct of the lectures students should not loiter in and around the college premises.
5) Students are directed not to bring any outsider to the college premises.
6) Students will not organize on their own picnics, excursions, trips etc. without prior written permission of the principal.
7) Students will maintain the eleanliness in and around the college premises by not throwing bits of paper, spitting, writing on walls.
8) Rowdy behavior, arrogance, abusive language, teasing, fighting, ragging, carrying any kind of weapon will be strictly treated as indiscipline.
9) The powers relating to the disciplinary action will rest with the principal and his decision will be final. Any one who violates the code of conduct will be severely dealt with.
10) Mobiles / pages are not allowed in the college premises.